Louts incinerate city centre skip contents

The skip after firefighters had extinguished the blaze

Firebugs torched a skip in Canterbury yesterday evening.

People living in the development between Stour Street and the Tannery spotted the blaze and alerted the Kent and Fire and Rescue service.

Crews had put the blaze out by 6pm.

Retail worker Sophie Tupman, 23, said: “I walked past just after 6pm and it stank of burnt metal, plastic and wood.

“It was pretty revolting. People living in the flats above it saw a group of teenagers near the skip, who then ran away after it caught fire.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here