Fire crews called to blaze at village pub

Fire crews were called to the scene (stock image)

Firefighters were called to the White Horse Inn in Bridge High Street after a tumble dryer caught light.

Crews were called out at just before 7am this morning (Wedneday) after a fire alarm went off.

Tea towels inside the dryer had caught light before they were moved to a window sill causing the fire spread to a window frame.

A woman was treated with oxygen at the scene by the crew, but did not need an ambulance.

Firefighters left the scene after half an hour.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here